Is Laminate Flooring Right for You?
Laminate flooring can be a good substitute for natural surfaces such as wood or stone flooring. If you are considering installing laminate floors in your home, there are a few things you should consider. The flooring pros at CMA Flooring in Carrollton, TX break down the pros and cons of laminate flooring to help you make the right decision for your lifestyle and home.
- Laminate flooring is fairly easy to install. Modern laminate flooring pieces click together and lock in place, and the average homeowner should be able to do it in a weekend–meaning you save a boatload on labor costs.
- Laminate flooring is also cheaper than real wood flooring. Homeowners can purchase laminate for less than $1 a square foot, while real wood usually costs at least $2 a square foot. Laminate has also come a long way since first being introduced and now looks nearly as good as real wood, making it a great option for homeowners who want the look of real wood on a budget.
- It’s also durable and easy to clean. Laminate flooring does not dent or scratch like hardwood, and you can sweep, vacuum, and use a regular floor cleaner. There is no need to buff, wax, or use an expensive wood cleaner.
- While laminate flooring is inexpensive, keep in mind you get what you pay for. If you choose the cheapest laminate available, it will look like you chose the cheapest laminate possible. Laminate flooring also won’t boost the resale value of home the way real hardwood will, which is something homeowners should consider if they plan to sell eventually.
- Though laminate flooring is quite durable, it can be damaged. And if it does get damaged, it can be difficult to repair. You can sand and refinish wood floors, but laminate needs to be replaced piece by piece if it is damaged.
- Laminate flooring doesn’t absorb sound as well as hardwood either, although you can install an underlayment to help dampen sound around the house.
Ultimately, one isn’t necessarily better than the other, and whether you choose laminate flooring or real wood will be determined by budget, aesthetic taste, and lifestyle. When you’re ready to make a flooring change, let the experts at CMA Flooring help. We offer free consultations, same day service, and a lifetime warranty. Call (972) 418-6606 to speak with a flooring specialist today.