Instant Design Tips: Easy Ways to Enhance Your Home
Decorating your home can often seem daunting, but if you’re bored with a room’s current look, sometimes changing one thing can give it a whole new style. Whether you’re on a tight budget or just want a simple change that can give you instant gratification, these small and easy updates are sure to freshen up any Carrollton home:
- Accent Pillows and Throws – One of the easiest ways to freshen up any home is with throw pillows. Change out your pillows for different colors and patterns, or simply replace or cover existing pillow covers for an even cheaper alternative. Toss new accent pillows on beds, couches, and chairs and colorful throws to the backs of chairs and sofa arms in your family or living room. A stack of throws in a basket also adds color, texture, and interest to a forgotten corner.
- Area Rugs – Give your room a different feel by swapping out your area rugs. Do you have wall to wall carpeting in your Carrollton home? You can layer area rugs on top of carpet to visually enhance the room. Small throw rugs in the kitchens and bathrooms can also provide an instant update.
- Fresh Flowers – Adding fresh flowers to any room is one of the least expensive ways to brighten up a space. Choose whatever makes you smile, add a pretty vase, and you can’t go wrong.
- Lighting – Change up your lighting by adding accent lights, new lamps, or different lamp shades. Try softer lighting in the bedrooms and dining rooms to create a relaxing ambiance, or place accent lights in your family or living room to highlight art or shelves.
- Wall Decals – Wall decals are a great way to add a little something extra to your walls without a huge commitment. Try an inspirational saying in your home office or kitchen, or an on-trend pattern or design in your family room. The best thing about wall decals is that you can remove them or move them if you don’t like them.
- Add Interest to Bookshelves – Update your bookshelves by changing the back. Use paint, wallpaper, fabric, tiles, or get creative with other materials to add a splash of color, pattern, or texture to all your bookcases. A bold color or pattern can draw the eye and create a focal point, while a slightly different color can highlight your collections.
- Rearrange Artwork – You don’t need to spend countless hours and dollars to find new artwork and wall décor to add to your home. Sometimes a little rearranging is all you need and it costs nothing. Take a good inventory of your existing art and then move things around. Right now, grouping by subject or color is trending.
- Organize Clutter – A clean, clutter-free room can make your room seem much more stylish. Organize clutter into trays, baskets, and boxes. When it comes to clutter, less is always more.
And if you’re looking for a project that’s a little more extensive, consider replacing your floors. Getting rid of drab old floors can be an easy way to add beauty and luxury to any room. To find out more about your affordable flooring options, contact CMA Flooring in Carrollton, TX today. Simply dial 972-418-6606 and schedule a free in-home consultation with one of our flooring experts and start enhancing the overall appearance of your home.