Is it Time to Replace Your Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood floors are a beautiful, classic and long-lasting flooring option for any home in Carrolton, TX. We know that the scratches and damage to your 50-year-old hardwood floors “add character and charm” but do they also squeak and creak when you walk on them? Does it pose a safety risk for your children? No matter how durable your wood flooring is, at some point it will need to be repaired or replaced.
Need a hardwood flooring consultation? Click here or call CMA Flooring today at 888-262-6552.
Repairing or refinishing hardwood floors is backbreaking work and might not always be enough to fix what’s wrong with your old or damaged hardwood flooring. That being said, here are some tips from CMA Flooring on how to know when it’s time to replace your hardwood flooring:
- Do your floors creak and squeak when you walk on them? This is a telltale sign that they’re aging. Tightening them with nails or lubricant will likely only offer a quick, temporary fix and you may be better off going with new installation, especially if your floors are years old.
- Are there too many nicks, scratches and stains to count? Depending on the size and severity of the damage, refinishing might not be able to cover up all of the eyesores. Keep in mind that when you refinish, only the top layer is sanded down and impressions deeper in the wood will still be apparent.
- Are floorboards moving? If your wooden panels slip and slide when you walk on them, they are not suitable for refinishing and are also a safety concern. Refinishing will not be able to fix their movement, simply their outer appearance.
- Is there a structural problem with the subfloor? If you come across a problem with your subfloor, all flooring will have to be removed to fix this issue. While you may be able to salvage some of your hardwoods, it is likely easier and highly recommended to install a new floor.
- Have you already refinished your floor 5 or 6 times? If you have already sanded your floor down to the bare bones then it’s time to swap in new and affordable hardwood flooring.
- Is your wood rotting, cupping or infested with termites? Unfortunately there’s no saving it. Time to get you home inspected and your flooring replaced by trusted professional installers in Carrolton, TX.
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, or perhaps you just want to replace your cheap laminate flooring with something more authentic, then it’s time to schedule a free in-home consultation with CMA Flooring. CMA is the leader in affordable and professionally installed flooring and right now we’re offering $100 off on new flooring, 0% financing and same day installation. We’re so sure that you’ll love your new hardwood floors that we offer a lifetime warranty.